Continuing with my 2017 favorites series, today we talk about skincare. Our skin is the largest organ of the body. With so much dust and pollution, it becomes all the more important to shower some extra TLC. Skincare is nothing less than an investment, investment of your money and time.
Without any further blabbering, let’s find out 2017 Best Skincare
- DearPacker Home Remedy Mask
Sheet masks were the highlight of 2017. You can find one for all kinds of skin issues – dryness, anti-blemish, moisturizing, soothing, anti-ageing etc.
DearPacker has a wide collection of sheet masks inspired by traditional home remedies. Some of the variants that I’ve tried – Coconut, Sandalwood + Rosewater, Lavender + Argan Oil, Green Tea + Jasmine. I’ve also tried the Lab Collection Mask – Anti-Dry & Hydrating (really liked it).
If you’re skin is feeling dull and dry, these sheet masks make a great quick fix. Try using a sheet mask a day for at least 7 days (just like the Koreans) and you’ll see the difference in your skin.
Price – 100/- each mask
2. The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet
I’m a big fan of the Vitamin E range from TBS. Over the years I’ve tried their day cream, night cream, and oil-in-serum. This time I wanted a slight shift, so bought the Aqua Boost Sorbet.
- Has a gel/ sorbet consistency, very light weight.
- Gets absorbed into the skin quickly without leaving it greasy.
- Provides intense hydration, and your skin feels well moisturized.
- The fragrance is mild and pleasant.
- Suitable for all skin types
Price – 1195/- for 50ml
3. Kama Ayurveda Pure Mogra Water
This is my most recent purchases, but now I know what the hype is all about. It is pure bliss.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties to relieve stressed skin and calm the nerves.
- Can be used as a toner or facial mist. You can also add it to your face packs.
- Can be used over make-up.
- As a pH balancing toner, it helps in reducing fine lines and pigmentation.
- Perfect to give your skin a boost of hydration and freshness.
- That mogra fragrance is so soothing.
Price – 250/- for 50ml
4. Biotique Bio Aloe Vera Sunscreen (Ultra Soothing Face Lotion)
Biotique is one of my favorite budget friendly brands. For the price, they give superlative quality.
- Has a milky consistency which gets absorbed quickly.
- 30+ SPF UVA/UVB sunscreen. Perfect for everyday wear, if you’re not stepping out in the sun.
- The fragrance is slightly pungent, but it fades away in a few minutes.
- Since it has sun protection, you can use it as a light weight day cream.
- Doesn’t leave a white cast.
- For normal to oily skin.
Price – 290/- for 120ml
5. Forest Essentials Velvet Silk Body Cream
Luxury Ayurveda at its best! If you’re looking for a rich and intense body butter, then this is what you should be investing in. I have the variant – Madurai Jasmine & Mogra.
- It is rich and creamy, yet doesn’t leave your skin greasy.
- Gets absorbed into the skin quickly making it soft and supple.
- You just need a tiny amount, so this huge tub will go a long way.
- The blissful fragrance!
Price – 1695/- for 200g
6. Soulflower Ocean Mineral Bath Salt
Bath salts have been my ultimate discovery of 2017. Therapeutic and soothing, these are just what you need after a hard day! I have the fragrance – Rose Germanium.
- It is great to be used as a foot soak, or for a calming hot water bath.
- Gently exfoliates the skin. Cleanses and detoxifies your skin.
- The fragrance is soothing, long lasting, but not overpowering.
- Such pretty colors!
Price – 350/- for 500g
7. The Face Shop Hand Cream
If like me, you also have desert dry hands, then a hand cream will be your best friend. This year I have particularly loved The Face Shop Hand Creams. The 2 variants I’ve tried – Rosewater and Macadamia.
- Makes your hand soft and reduces skin peeling off.
- Provides moisturization, but doesn’t leave hands greasy and oily.
- The fragrance lingers on, which is a great thing
- Such travel friendly packaging.
Price – 300/- for 30ml
8. The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Face Pack
And last on the list of my 2017 Best Skincare products is TBS Rice Face Pack. I have also tried the Himalayan Charcoal variant and absolutely loved it. Find more about it.
- It is a clarifying polishing mask, which is quite gentle on your skin.
- Has a creamy texture, with tiny rice granules for scrubbing.
- Gently exfoliates your skin, leaving it soft and supple.
- Skin appears brighter and radiant, and pores are minimized.
- The fragrance is mild, it reminds me of the tea tree range.
- Suitable for all skin types.
Price – 1995/- for 75ml
Before going, do check out my 2017 Best Books for some amazing book recommendations.
Let me know if you’ve discovered any skincare gem, and also if you’ve tried any of these products…
See you soon!