A bright red on a Monday morning or a barbie pink for a lunch date, there is a lipstick for everyone in this world.
Liquid lipsticks have taken the beauty world by storm. They are fuss free, give a beautiful matte finish, and look gorgeous.
Here’s my pick of top 5 liquid lipsticks under Rs 1000/-
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color
True to its name, this one has a mousse like consistency. It dries matte, feels very comfortable on the lips, and the best part, these lipsticks don’t dry your lips.
I had talked about these lippies in a monthly favorites post which you can read here.
2. Diana of London 2000 Kisses Liquid Lipstick
Color – Red Nature
It is a hot red color which adds a pop of color to the look. After Ruby Woo by Mac, if there is any red lipstick that I adore, it is this beauty.
The staying power is good. It can survive if you nibble something or carefully sip something.
- Comes in a transparent packaging
- It has a powder matte feel, but dries down completely matte
- The fragrance reminds me of baby powder
- Non-transfer proof and light weight
- Doesn’t settle into lines and doesn’t bleed
Price – 770/- for 8ml
3. The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid
Color – Goa Magnolia 026 (its a berry pink color)
Out of all the formulations mentioned, this is my favorite. It is so weightless and comfortable that you barely feel it on your lips. There is a fabulous color range so you can pick a couple of them.
- Comes in a clear tube
- Has a light fruity fragrance
- Pointed applicator, so you can easily work around the corners of your lips
- And the biggest plus – these are cruelty free and aren’t tested on animals
Price – 695/- for 8ml
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams
The world is crazy for these soft matte lip creams. They have a creamy texture and a soft matte finish, truly flattering. There are a myriad shades – from usual reds and pinks to daring blue, pretty purple, and beautiful burgundy.
- They are named after world cities, how cool is that!
- Comes in a convenient transparent packaging
- Doesn’t feather or bleed
- Will not survive a meal
- Value for money
- Isn’t as long lasting as Diana of London or Chambor, so you might need touch ups
Price – 600/- to 750/- for 6.5g
5. Chamber Extreme Wear Trnasferproof Liquid Lipstick
Out of the lot, this particular one is most drying. Make sure you prep your lips well with a lip balm. Dab off the excess and then apply this lipstick, or else be prepared for dry parched lips.
- Comes in transparent packing
- Good formula, but I am not a fan of the applicator. It is quite broad, so you can mess up the corners of your lips
- Lasts the longest out of the 5 mentioned lipsticks
- Partially survives a meal, will fade after that leaving an outline
- On re-applying it can patchy and can flake off
My favorite color is 403. It’s a bright cool toned fuchsia.
Price – 845/- for 6ml
If you love liquid lipsticks, I suggest you invest in a good quality lip scrub. Exfoliate your lips 1-2 times a week for a kissable pout.
If you have any favorite liquid lipstick, share it in the comments section below. And don’t forget to share this post with all your girlies.